We are seeking Legendary Education Heroes to develop new business in schools and districts in Texas and the southeast US, as well as around the country.
American children are in dire need of educational heroes both in and out of the classroom who can engage students in exciting new methods of learning. Legends of Learning is transforming classrooms into fun, productive learning environments, utilizing a foundation of academic research. Our comprehensive, curriculum-aligned game-filled marketplace provides an epic range of lessons that improve student performance and increase educational engagement.
Generating an ever-growing user community through web, email marketing, referrals, and social networking, we are now looking to expand our reach utilizing an exceptional team of Legendary Education Heroes to deploy our proven process and playbook to generate opportunities and build our book of annual licenses.
Will you heed our call?
This is a direct contributor, sales position focused on opening and cultivating new business in regions where Legends of Learning has a strong existing book and pipeline. We are seeking self-starting individuals based in Texas and Georgia or Florida to develop new business thru a combination of methodical contact outreach, events, K-12 partnership organizations, outreach to active users, and handling inbound inquiries.
The core mission of the Legendary Education Hero is to grow revenue through new business acquisition.
Successful candidates will be compensated through a competitive salary of between $65,000 and $80,000, and generous equity stake in our rapidly-growing company. Health benefits including medical, dental, and vision.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Strongly Desired: 3-7 years of K-12 teaching experience and/or K-12 professional development instruction and coaching
- Desired: 1-3 years of experience in sales and/or customer-facing service roles, preferably in software, software-as-service, or education services
- Required: Exceptional communications skills both in person and over phone/web
- Required: Exceptional public-speaking and group presentation/demonstration skills
- Ability to connect with and present to district and building leaders as well as teachers
- Proven ability as an enthusiastic conversationalist, bringing both humor and energy
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work remotely as a self-starter, but as part of an entrepreneurial team in a highly collaborative environment
- Extensive travel within home regions of Texas and Florida/Georgia; more occasional domestic travel outside of regions, and to main office in Washington, DC
- Passionate desire towards making a difference – helping students and schools
- Self-starter, great work ethic, adaptable, organized and excellent interpersonal skills
- Great attitude, drive, persistence; thrive in a high-paced and rapidly-changing environment
- Strong organizational skills; ability to shift-gears and multi-task
- Ability to present product benefits in a clear and enthusiastic manner
- Experience uncovering and evaluating new opportunities
- Proficient with web-based software, preferably with CRM and Web meeting tools
- Ability to develop and manage sales plan to achieve required sales objectives
- Skilled in identifying opportunities, moving prospects through a documented process and effectively communicating company solutions verbally and in writing
- College degree required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new business and grow sales
- Build pipeline using company’s proven methodology
- Work in team-selling approach to close sales in a collaborative approach
- Hunter and business development role: Leverage existing business, personal networking, and contact database to generate new opportunities in regions, through referral generation, events, partner organizations, email campaigns, and phone.
- Meet and/or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual goals and related key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Actively manage and report on pipeline, status of the business, and forecast revenue through real-time use of CRM (SalesForce.com)
- Handle incoming calls and assigned leads
- Utilize CRM to document and plan for sales success, documenting all activity, plans and communications in real time
- Assist in new customer onboarding and training and in the active management of accounts to ensure success and generate expansion thru account growth and referrals.
- Assist in the handling of customer inquiries and service requests, troubleshooting and routing to appropriate internal resource
- Participate positively and actively in weekly, monthly, and annual meetings and company functions as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by the COO
Standards of Performance:
Goals and metrics to be established, evolving over time as part of continuous improvement program.
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual goals on pipeline generation, meetings/demonstrations, and sales within 3 months of hire
- Assigned leads (incoming, website, event or warm – not cold list)
- First contact (CALL) with email follow-up within 4 business hours
- Daily contact until connection is made (conversation or presentation)
- Complete 100% of open tasks daily
- Balance pipeline developed within 90 days and then maintained monthly
*Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com