Educators are heroes, but even heroes need good tools. Our Legendary Professional Development Program helps provide teachers with those tools.
Our synchronous and asynchronous instructor-led in-person PD and virtual webinars help ensure educators make the most of Legends of Learning. The PD below is included with all school and district licenses, and can be customized to fit your needs.
- Introduction to Legends of Learning – In this session, educators will receive a comprehensive overview of our game-based platform: learn how to get students set up, create playlists, manage assignments, view student data, and more! The session also highlights best practices of using Legends as a remote/distance learning tool and provides guidance surrounding how to best integrate Legends with existing resources.
- Legends of Learning Refresher and Feature Updates – Welcome back to teachers that have used Legends of Learning in the past! This session provides a brief overview of the new features we offer.
- Quick Start – Short on time? This session is the fastest way to get started with Legends of Learning. This course will not cover all enhanced features that Legends of Learning offers.
- Best Practices for Utilizing Legends of Learning — This professional development session is intended for teachers who have already attended the Introduction to Legends of Learning training, or those who have already implemented Legends of Learning with their students. Now that teachers know the basics of assigning games and assessments to students, it’s time to learn about the instructional practices that allow for intentional use of our educational games. Teachers will be introduced to three instructional best practices and will be provided hands-on time to develop assignments that implement one of the best practices discussed. NOTE: This advanced PD opportunity is available for district-level licenses only.
- Effective Use of Legends of Learning Data — This professional development session is intended for teachers who have already attended the Introduction to Legends of Learning training, or those who have already implemented Legends of Learning with their students. Teachers have assigned games in Legends of Learning, so what’s next? During this session, teachers will review how to analyze student progress and performance on assignments, learn about our enhanced standards-based performance reports, and receive tips on next steps based on the data teachers see in their accounts. Using Legends of Learning data, teachers can make meaningful decisions about their next steps with students! NOTE: This advanced PD opportunity is available for district-level licenses only.
We also offer a supplemental PD series that explores why kids love games and how to use the key attributes of gaming in your classroom. This is not included in standard licenses. You can find more information here.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to giving your superhero educators a new tool, and some superhero capes!